Although fish is extremely healthy and easy to cook, we make it much too seldom. Not anymore! Iglo has been kind enough to send us a package of different deep frozen fish from their 100% sustainable Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) program, thus guaranteeing good food and a good conscience. To start out we decided to give the Salmon a try and create a light and delicious summer meal:
- Iglo salmon filet
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 g Brocolli, Cauliflower and Romanesco
- Chilli to taste
- 1 Lime
- Mix the coconut cream with the curry paste together and marinate the salmon fillets in the mix. Marinate for minimum 1 hour, you do not need to defrost the fish before hand.
- When ready to cook, remove the Salmon from the marinade and shake off excess. Then grill or fry for approximately 10 minutes, turning once.
- In the mean time boil the vegetables until they are tender. I also used a Iglo ready mix for this, since it just so much more convenient.
- Transfer the rest of the marinade to a pan and bring to boil.
- Add the veggies to the curry and simmer for a minute or two.
- When the fish is done serve the marinade spooned over the Salmon, with lime wedges and the chilli.
Tips & Tricks
Using your own homemade curry paste makes this dish even better.
Basically you can use any vegetables you like in the curry sauce.
You can grill the fish on a charcoal grill, a hot stone or in the frying pan.