Creamy Zucchini Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Everyone has their comfort dishes, this is one of mine. It’s delicious, easy to make and impresive when cooking for others:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium onions
- 3 chicken breasts
- 100g Parmesan
- 250 ml cream
- 50g butter
- sliced almonds
- 1 glass of white wine
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Chop the onions into small cubes and glaze in a large pan with butter.
- Chop the zucchini into cubes and add to the pan and stir well.
- Chop the chicken breasts into dices and add to the vegetables in the pan. Add a dash of lemon juice, adds some great taste and keeps the zuchini nice and green. Keep stiring and cooking until the chicken pieces are slightly browned on all sides.
- Deglaze the mix with the glass of white wine. Feel free to use chicken or vegetable stock instead, but the wine adds a nice flavour.
- Add the cream and Parmesan and let the sauce bubble away on low flame, spicing to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In the meantime prepare the tagliatelle according to instructions.
- In a separate pan toast the almond slices in a little butter until browned. Pay attention the nuts have the tendencay to go from white to black in seconds
- Serve the tagliatelle topped with a portion of the zucchini chicken sauce. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and some fershly grated parmesan.
Tips & Tricks
Mozzarella can be used to replace or supplement the parmesan.
Pinioli work great instead of almonds.