If you want to make a really delicious but simple desert, you have to try the cookies & cream parfait. It’s creamy and the highlight of every meal you share with family or friends. And the best of all: You can prepare it in advance and keep it in the fridge until needed. As it is a rather heavy desert I recommend it for wintertime, especially around Christmas.
- 500 ml whipping cream (low fat), cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 450 g all natural Belgian chocolate pudding, divided use
- 24 all natural chocolate-vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed into chunky consistency
- 30 g square semi-sweet chocolate, to shave for garnish
- Whip the cold cream in a bowl using a hand-held mixer. Sprinkle in the sugar and finish whipping when the cold cream starts to set.
- Take another bowl and add 2 cups of the chocolate pudding (reserving the remaining pudding) and add the whipped cream by gently folding in to keep a fluffy and light consistency. Once all whipped cream is incorporated, set aside and prepare the glasses.
- Add crushed cookies to the bottom of each glass (about 3 tablespoons), next a layer of chocolate pudding (about 3 tablespoons), and then a layer of the “chocolate mousse” (about 3 tablespoons). Repeat this process again for each glass, finally finishing with a sprinkling of crushed cookies and a decorative dollop of “chocolate mousse”.
- Garnish by shaving a little of the semi-sweet chocolate square with a vegetable peeler over the top of each glass; refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
You can use a ready-made pudding, which makes the recipe even easier. For variation you can also use vanilla pudding or use different cookies. There is no limit to good taste!