As I am a really big fan of sweets I love baking them myself. And I love trying out new recipies – especially those including chocolate and fruits. For a dinner with friends I was looking for a new delicious desert to bring as gift, and this is what I made. If you are still hesitating, if this will be the right choice for you: Everyone of our friends loved the tarte and it didn’t survive one single day.
- 150 g flour
- 50 g grated almonds
- 100 g sugar
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 medium sized egg
- 125 g butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50 g white chocolate
- 300 ml milk
- 1 pack of pudding powder
- 250 g whipping cream
- 300 g blueberries
- powdered sugar
- grease and floar for the baking pan
- baking paper and dried seeds (f.e. sunflower seeds) for blind baking
- Put flour, almonds. 60 g sugar, salt, egg and butter in a bowl and mix it well, than knead a smooth dough. Cover it and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the vanilla bean and pull out the pulp. Chop the chocolate.
- Take 7 spoons of the milk and mix it with the pudding powder.
- Put the rest of the milk in a pot and heat it together with 40 g sugar, the vanilla pulp. Then add the pudding powder and cook it while stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove the pudding from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Let it cool.
- Take a tarte pan (round or square, as you prefer), grease it and powder it with floar. Roll out the dough and put it in the tarte pan. Cut off the overlaying dough on the edges of the tarte pan. Take fork and cut several holes in the dough. Cover it with baking paper and load it with dried seeds. Then bake the dough in the preheated oven at 200° Celsius on the lowest level. After baking for 20 minutes remove the baking paper and the seeds and continue baking for another 5 minutes. Then let it cool.
- Whip the cream until firm and fold it in the vanilla cream. Spread the cream on the tarte and flatten it, than put the tarte for 30 minutes into the fridge.
- In the meantime wash the blueberries and put them to dry on a paper towel.
- Spread the blueberries on the tarte and put it in a cold place until you eat it.
Tips & Tricks
You can also use vanilla concentrate, if you can’t get vanilla beans. And you can also take other fruits. They can be frozen as well, but then you have to take care that they are defrosted before using them.